Innovative Low Loss Coax Surge Protectors for Broadband Wireless Applications
Specialized Designs for Amateur, Point to Point, PCS, Cellular, Military/Government, WLL, LMDS, and Mobile Systems
In a study under the auspices of the U.S. Dept. of Energy, utilizing the satellite FORTE, launched in 1997, carrying VHF lightning dischargesensors, it was determined that there can be damaging lightning energy emissions throughout the 30 thru 300 MHz VHF spectrum. Before FORTE, it was thought most lightning energy emissions were primarily in the VLF range. Therefore the damage threat can be anywhere from VLF thru VHF.
Through the careful design of our ARC-PLUG (tm) gas tube module and precision constant impedance thru-line, allowing proper firing characteristics, our devices are designed to provide effective protection through out this entire spectrum. Other surge protector designs may only utilize simple VLF filters with no gas tube back-up.
|Proper installation and single point ground system for the Model TT3G50 Surge Protector.
Photo courtesy Sheldon, WA6KJN, taken before sealing connectors
- Excellent broadband performance from DC thru 3 GHz, compared to the narrowband DC blocked or stub designs. Typical dB loss: 0. 1 @ 1 GHz; 0.2@ 2 GHz; 0.5@ 3 GHz.
- Innovative impedance compensated thru-line cavity design allows control voltages to pass thru the device, instead of the "wire around" requirement of DC blocked designs. Our design allows "in-circuit" cable sweeps.
- Innovative fast acting gas tube replaceable ARC-PLUG module can be removed and replaced in the field in about one minute with no tools required, and without having to remove the protector from the circuit. The "O" ring sealed knurled knob does the trick!
- The ARC-PLUG module and connectors are "O" ring sealed for complete weatherproofing
- Effective performance. Due to our carefully designed reactance compensated thru-line cavity and ARC-PLUG (tm) module placement, our customer and government test approvals show our design is as good as, or better than, DC blocked designs.
DC blocked designs require the entire unit to be discarded if hit with a surge beyond ratings. They are not field repairable. Our design simply requires the ARC-PLUG (tm) module to be replaced in the field. No tools required.
- The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has assigned National Stock Numbers (NSN) to the Model TT3G50 Coax Surge Protector (NSN 5920 01 5470278) and the 3G50 ARC-PLUG (tm) cartridge (NSN 5325 01 5466841). This is a result of extensive testing and approvals within the military organizations.
Toll free order line (888) 302-8777
Available at Alpha Delta dealers or factory direct
Call for Commercial Versions & OEM Pricing